1. We want you to know that we respect the privacy of every user who visits the Website and every user who makes an enquiry through the Website. We set out below what information we learn about you when you visit the Website, what we do with that information, and how you can change the information we have.
Information We Collect
3. Our Website uses software features known as “cookies”, which are small pieces of data that are stored on your hard drive when accessing a website. These cookies expire once they exceed their legitimate use, which means we reset them every 24 months. We intend to use the Website cookies as follows:
(a) to allow us to know when users return to our website and which pages or services you access while there; and
(b) to gather information on an aggregate basis in order to identify the most popular areas of our Website and make it easier for users to access them.
4. You are encouraged to visit our Website and make enquiries in relation to our services. Where you submit an enquiry to us you may be required to submit to us your name, e-mail address, your mobile telephone number, job title, and/or organisation (if appropriate) (together referred to as “Personal Information”).
Disclosure of Information
5. We want you to feel free to use and explore our Website without worrying about whether your visit will generate unwanted sales or marketing activity such as junk mail or spam.
6. Somewhere Else complies with and is registered under the Data Protection laws in the United Kingdom (see below). We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal data.
7. Our staff and those working for our agents and contractors maintain a responsibility to keep your Personal Information confidential and will only use it to offer relevant products and services related to your enquiry or order.
8. While any Personal Information that we use to provide or promote our services to you will not be passed to any third party organisation for marketing purposes. We may request to share your details with Somewhere Else contractors or agents, but will only do so if it serves a legitimate purpose as part of our work agreement.
9. If you do not wish to receive this information from Somewhere Else or our associates or wish to delete Personal Information you have submitted through our Website or an affiliated services, please send us an email on email@example.com
10. We reserve the right to disclose personal data to any third party which has a legal right to request such information.
11. If a third party acquires control or the business of Somewhere Else, we will inform you of this change, and we may transfer personal data we then hold to that third party.
Security of Data
12. We will provide the same protections in respect of any electronic communications received from you as those employed in respect of information received by post and telephone.
13. When our enquiry form asks you to enter sensitive information that information is encrypted by the use of security systems with encryptions and firewalls, provided on a secure socket layer (SSL), to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
14. If you have any questions about the security of our Website please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Act (1998)
15. We are registered for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, and make every effort to ensure that our systems and procedures meet both the legal requirements and the best practice recommendations of the Act.
16. For more detail about your rights under the act, the rules we have to adhere to in collecting and storing your information, and how you can check your data records visit www.dataprotection.gov.uk.
17. You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you by sending your request, together with an administration fee of £10 to Somewhere Else, 2nd Floor, 232 Shoreditch High Street, E1 6PJ, London, UK.
Links to Other Sites
19. We make no representations as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other websites.
20. By using this Website you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information as stated above.
21. We want you to be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser’s Help section). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this website and others that you visit. Disabling cookies usually disables functionalities and features that may be necessary to the normal functioning of the website.
Third Party Cookies
Google Analytics: the Google Analytics cookies are set to understand how you use the website and how your experience can be improved. These cookies may track the time you spend on the website and the pages you visit so that Somewhere Else can keep its content relevant to users. Somewhere Else measures the bulk number of visitors to the website to accurately measure our business performance and monitor new changes to the website experience.
Social Media APIs: the website social media APIs set browser cookies to give you the option to share the website content with your networks. Please refer to Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube’s privacy policies to understand how these cookies may affect you.